Monday, August 16, 2010

Baked Cod and Chorizo


All right, so the recipes from here on it are going to get a teeny tiny bit healthier-- less red meat, less fat, more veggies, more spices. No tofu.

The smart thing about this Spanish-style baked cod and chorizo recipe is that it uses a very small amount of chorizo, which is super flavorful but has a lot of fat, and makes the flavor go a long way. Meanwhile, there is a lot of lean protein in the cod and just enough potatoes to fill you up without overdoing it on carbs. Watch out for cooking the chorizo-- I found that mine cooked much faster than expected. On my burner, at least, I'll stick with medium heat.

Bizarrely, my husband said this was good the next day. I'm afraid of leftover fish, so I kind of don't believe him.

No comments:

Post a Comment