Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Vanilla Bean Bundt Cake with Vanilla Glaze and Strawberries


The April 2010 issue of bon appetit contains on article on "The Great American Cake," and this Vanilla Bean Bundt Cake with Vanilla Glaze and Strawberries stuck out as the perfect "dinner party" cake-- a cake that even a group with diverse tastes will love. Given my obsession with bundt cakes and the current strawberry clearance, I was sold! Sure enough, this buttery treat is a true vanilla (not white) cake and the slightly crunchy crust created by the bundt cake pan makes this a superior version of the Sprinkles vanilla cupcake.

The cake recipe is uber-simple except for the bizarre grease, flour AND non-stick cooking spray combo used to prep the pan. I like to follow instructions to the letter so I couldn't stop myself, but I would suggest that less OCD bakers nix the Pam. Also, don't worry about how thick the batter is when you fill the pan-- this is a not a light and fluffy angel-food type bundt cake.

One more thing-- don't tell my husband I opened up a new bottle of Woodford Reserve for this recipe... I only used a teaspoon...

No comments:

Post a Comment