Sunday, June 19, 2011

Cranberry Scones


Ever since The Royal Wedding and my watch group's city-wide hunt for clotted cream (multiple stores sold out!) I've been craving more scones. My mom picked up the "Tried and True" cookbook from the Southmoreland on the Plaza B&B in Kansas City, and there's a great simple recipe for cranberry scones in there. It's pretty basic -- flour, butter, cream, almond and vanilla extracts and dried cranberries. I'm a sucker for anything with butter and almond extract, and I love how it help keeps baked goods tasting fresh for an extra day or so. We used a large scoop to make the scones; the bowl held just shy of a quarter cup.

Anyway, I don't know why, but scones are just one of those things that only taste good at fancy tea rooms -- any time I buy them at Starbucks or the bakery they are incredibly stale. Exciting that it was so easy to make them!

No comments:

Post a Comment