Sunday, June 5, 2011

Parmesan Polenta and Spicy Sausage Sauce


Putting a reminder here to have parmesan polenta and spicy sausage sauce many, many times next winter when I am searching for filling, creamy, earthy, warm foods (that aren't one million calories). This is a simple, quick-cooking tomato sausage sauce, using chicken sausage. I used sweet Italian, since Central Market didn't have sun-dried tomato in their house-made selection, and broke the sausage up into meatballs, since sliced sausage grosses me out (and also, I don't know that that would have worked well with their chicken sausage, which is pretty loose). I used 3 links, which is about a pound. I realize this is substantially more than the recipe, but I am determined that 3 oz. is a typo. Anyway, I got really inspired by the chicken sausage, since it's such a great way to disguise that you are (hopefully, depending on which brand it is) serving boneless skinless chicken breasts again.

No comments:

Post a Comment