Sunday, October 3, 2010

Chorizo and Potato Tacos with Black Bean and Radish Side


Skipping Red Currant-Glazed Chicken with Spinach for now... will blog on the next go around...

Okay, these chorizo and potato tacos are awesome. My husband actually saw this recipe in the magazine and asked every night if we were finally having it. It's one of those silly things -- I love tacos with potatoes but never made them at home because I thought the true dice would be too time-consuming. However, when you use bursting-with-flavor chorizo, you can spend an extra minute chopping because you save time on seasoning. Similarly, I usually serve plain canned black beans, which I like but don't love. Here, though, the beans are not reheated. The radish/lime/cumin/cilantro combo really helped step them up (although I refuse to call it a "salsa" since there aren't any peppers). We used low-carb wheat tortillas and ate the beans on the side since the chorizo mixture more than filled them up. This recipe followed the warm meat, cold side pattern the other recipes used; I'll have to see if that carries through the other weeks.

Overall, YUM, but... by far the least healthy of the week. It's difficult to get an exact count on chorizo, since we used the Central Market links, but it was not bueno. The pork fat covered potatoes, though-- muy bueno.

No comments:

Post a Comment