Sunday, October 3, 2010

Lamb Meatballs with Couscous and Feta


Real Simple week 2, day 2...

These lamb meatballs came together so fast it made me totally rethink meatballs! It helped to divide up the lamb mixture in four equal chunks, and then each chunk into 5 pieces. I never think of serving just raw tomato/cucumber as vegetable sides, but they were so fresh and delicious here mixed in with the lamb, dressing and couscous. (As an aside, for the "English cucumber" I believe the magazine is referencing a seedless cucumber-- mine actually happened to be from Canada). I can't imagine these would be as good with hamburger, but it was tempting to get extra lean ground beef since I know the ground lamb is fairly fatty... oh well. One final invaluable hint here: 4 oz. is A LOT of feta. Without a kitchen scale, I would never have guessed it was so much. It felt nice to get the extra :)

Overall, our second favorite of week 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment