Sunday, February 6, 2011

Couscous Salad with Grapes and Feta


Dear Real Simple:

You probably already know this, since you know everything, but I basically do everything you tell me to, and it usually works out.

In the April 2011 issue, please tell me to play the lottery, and let it go the same way.

In the meantime, thanks for the couscous salad with grapes and feta recipe. Even though I'm typically a grape-hater, I really like this, with the red holiday grapes from Central Market. I made it for the first time a few weeks ago, ate an entire recipe, and then made it again a few days later. And dash it all, I tried to tinker with the ingredient temperature (warm toasted walnuts/ warm couscous? cool walnuts/ warm couscous? cool everything?) and it turns out that no, warm ingredients don't melt the sturdy feta, and yes, it tastes good all ways. I never want to eat pasta salad at a picnic again.

However, "serves 2" is a lie (1 1/2, maybe), as is "15 minutes hands-on" since coordinating toasting, not burning, the walnuts and cooking the couscous takes a few extra minutes. I still love you.

Sincerely,
J.

No comments:

Post a Comment