Sunday, February 6, 2011

Mushroom and Herb Strata


Week 3, day 4.

Back to my tattered and splattered October 2010 issue of Real Simple. We had this French bistro-style meal sometime in December, using cheddar cheese and the same country bread as the Shrimp with White Beans. It's a classic pairing of cheesy, eggy and crusty with crunchy, light and tangy. It may not have transported us to Paris-- but at least to the Paris hotel in Las Vegas :)

Not really a weeknight meal, though--- there's prep, and then baking for 50-60 minutes. This is where I confess that I don't always read recipes in advance, and when I got home one Friday night around 6:30 with this in mind, I was already pulling ingredients out of the fridge when I realized it was too daunting at the end of the week. We went out for pizza and had it the next night instead. But a better idea-- since this isn't the greatest leftover, save for dinner with vegetarian friends and time for a bottle of white wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment