Sunday, April 24, 2011

Maple-Glazed Pork Chops with Toasted Pecans


From Food & Wine's Thanksgiving issue last year, a new pork chop favorite: Maple-Glazed Pork Chops with Toasted Pecans. I can't really add description to the name: these pork chops are simply grilled, covered with a glaze for the last few minutes of cooking and sprinkled with toasted pecans. The recipe makes 12 (!) but is fine cut into fourths for those of us not running ski lodges in Vermont (I think that was what the associated article was about).

I don't have much more to say about this recipe, except that it reminds me of this maple-glazed chicken my mom used to make. She went out of town once and I tried to recreate it for my dad and brother using the recipe and it tasted nothing like hers. Come to find out, she'd thrown out the recipe and just started covering chicken breasts with straight maple syrup and baking them. Her version was better. (But I wouldn't try that instead of these! The mustard, cider vinegar, rosemary and Sriracha provide a real enhancement to the maple syrup flavor.)

No comments:

Post a Comment