Sunday, April 10, 2011

Slow Cooker Curried Chicken with Ginger and Yogurt


(In which I consider whether to rename this blog, "I Cook the Recipes from Real Simple").

As a preface, since I'm preparing another slow cooker meal for tomorrow, I usually only do slow cooker meals if my husband is working from home, as he sometimes does. I find it incredibly stressful to put something together in the morning, and usually 7-8 hours is nowhere near the length of my normal workday, so I end up combining what ingredients I can the night before and leaving him instructions to start around lunchtime. For this recipe, I combined all of the non-chicken ingredients from step 1 and put them in the fridge next to a plastic bag of chicken thighs (I only used 8-- I wanted a little less protein). I then handled steps 3 and 4 when I got home.

Anyway, I'm always kind of amazed when these recipes work, but lo and behold, thick gravy, incredibly tender chicken and a gentle spice. I happen to really enjoy jasmine rice, and it was perfect here.

No comments:

Post a Comment