Sunday, July 11, 2010

North African Meatballs


Melissa D'Arabian's North African Meatballs from her first season of Ten Dollar Dinners were on our weeknight dinner list last week. Prep took a little longer than I would have liked; it's the forming of the meatballs that kill you! I made mine a little too large and ended up closer than 20 to 32-- as a result, the meatballs didn't hold together well. Next time I may try to make them smaller, but I may also try and bake them in a mini muffin tin instead of cooking in a skillet. I think they'll stay together better and will also be healthier since they won't be cooked in oil. If I do that, I'll start with the meatballs and make the sauce while they are cooking. The good news? The sauce has an amazing sweet/spicy flavor. Served with some boxed couscous, this tasted like exotic takeout and definitely not like inexpensive ground beef and tomatoes!



No comments:

Post a Comment