Saturday, July 17, 2010

Tandoori Chicken Kebabs


One of the other shows I've started watching on Cooking Channel is Indian Food Made Easy. As a result, I'm proud to say I made my first successful Indian-style dish! Anjum made lamb and chicken tandoori wraps in one of the season one episodes, and I made just the chicken part as a kebab this week. I made the yogurt sauce the night before and marinated the chicken overnight. (The recipe on the website is for lamb; on the show, Anjum used the same base for both chicken and lamb, but amped up the spices for the lamb since it's a stronger meat. I like strong flavors, so I used the full flavored sauce for chicken). The result is an instantly recognizable flavor profile that grills or bakes easily. I could see the skewers easily translating as an appetizer as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment