Monday, July 5, 2010

Oven Roasted Beef Brisket and Barbeque Sauce


Two recipes for the price of one!

First, the brisket. Brisket was on special at Central Market this week, so I sought out recipes from the Food Network website and found this highly rated Paula Deen recipe for the oven. The amount of spices was, to say the least, alarming. Once I passed the spice mountain hurdle, the recipe was nearly foolproof, even though it didn't provide a meat temperature. To cover the pan, I used foil, which is fairly treacherous with a hot roasting pan. My burned arm would like for me to brainstorm a new solution for new time.

Second, the barbeque sauce (which I refuse to spell "barbecue"). As it turn out, the brisket was delicious just dipped in pan juices, but the barbeque sauce served to add a nice tang. Both Real Simple and bon appetit featured homemade barbeque sauces this month and I tried the Real Simple version first. This version is sweet and vinegary, although a little more on the vinegary side. I've determined that it would be fantastic on meatloaf.

No comments:

Post a Comment