Sunday, July 4, 2010

Southwestern Chicken Salad


This southwestern chicken salad is one of those things I would pay for at a restaurant or in the prepared foods aisle at Central Market, but would stupidly never think of making for myself, save some prodding from Real Simple (July 2010 issue). It would probably even be called "Southwestern Chicken Salad" at Corner Bakery, or maybe "Chicken Fajita Salad" at Chili's. I digress--I used cut up chicken breasts instead of rotisserie chicken; I would advise just making extra chicken with whatever method you're using and then toss it in. The black beans were the best part, and I ended up adding more since the recipe called for less than a whole can. Finally, I used a plain whole wheat tortilla instead of chips because I had it on hand. A corn tortilla or tortilla strips or anything else would easily work.

No comments:

Post a Comment