Saturday, July 24, 2010

Sweet and Spicy Asian Pork Shoulder


From Real Simple's February issue, a yummy pork slow-cooker recipe, which I'm positive I could have passed off as authentic take-out. This was a little bizarre for a slow-cooker recipe, I thought, since it didn't rely on a lot of liquid, just the soy sauce, but it turned out fine. I did the prep the night before, and my husband tossed it together in the morning. By the time I got home, the sauce was dark and salty and rich. In fact, even if you're using low-sodium soy sauce, I would probably not add in the kosher salt. Some of the commenters suggested cooking the whole shoulder and then shredding when it's done. I'm planning on trying this the next time, and maybe adding a little extra water as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment